Join the Operational Excellence Working Group
The Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy is launching the Operational Excellence Working Group.
We invite anyone working in leprosy or affected by leprosy to apply to this working group. Your experiences and perspective will help build a learning community and accelerate progress towards a world without leprosy.
The objective of this working group is to foster the development, use, scale-up, monitoring, and evaluation of best practices and promising innovations in national leprosy control programmes. The working group will be organized in sub-groups, focusing on five key areas:
- Identification: How can people at risk of leprosy be identified and how can leprosy in the population at increased risk be prevented? How can post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) be best implemented in a country?
- Early Detection: How can early detection of leprosy disease be sustained? Which measures should be in place when a country reaches zero leprosy?
- Disability: How can disability effectively be prevented and treated during and after antimicrobial treatment?
- Stigma: How can stigma and discrimination effectively be reduced?
- Infrastructure: Are required conditions in place such as human resources, effective monitoring and evaluation, and supportive policy to achieve the objectives of Zero Leprosy?
Under the guidance of a facilitator and chair, each sub-group will:
- Develop an inventory of best practices and innovation, which will be organized into a set of free online tools for countries.
- Support country peer-to peer assessments to identify opportunities, challenges and needs in implementing tools towards zero leprosy.
- Provide technical advice as needed when questions are raised about implementation of the online tools.
Facilitators and chairs have been selected and will be assigned to a sub-group. Please see the current list of facilitators and chairs here. The Terms of Reference for the working group can be viewed here.
Expectations for Members
- Expertise or interest in one of the sub-group topic areas. Anyone working in leprosy or other NTD areas is encouraged to apply. Persons affected by leprosy are also welcome to apply.
- Availability to participate in monthly conference calls during 2019. Internet access for the calls and shared online folders is recommended.
- Ability to review drafts and provide comments.
Benefits for Members
- Contribute your experiences and skills to work collectively towards zero leprosy.
- Opportunities to meet others in the field of leprosy and learn practices from peers.
The working group application will be open through 31 December 2018. Questions? Please send an inquiry using our contact form.