Call for Nominations: National Programme Manager Representative for GPZL Leadership Team
The Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy (GPZL) is seeking nominations for a national programme manager to serve a two-year term, renewable once, on its Leadership Team. The term will begin on 1 March, 2019. Leadership team members are asked to attend two meetings per year (21-22 March in Greenville, SC, USA and during the Global Leprosy Congress in Manilla 10-13 September 2019). They also will receive weekly email updates and participate in monthly teleconferences. To ensure geographic representation on the leadership team, preference will be given to candidates from sub-Saharan Africa.
As stated in the GPZL Charter:
Leadership Team Composition. The leadership team will reflect the diversity of stakeholders engaged in leprosy prevention and control. Its responsibilities include:
- Establish strategic direction for the partnership.
- Provide oversight, support, and guidance to the secretariat to ensure it meets the objectives of the partnership’s strategic plan and work plan.
- In close coordination with WHO, help monitor and track progress towards zero leprosy.
- Establish and appoint workgroups and their terms of reference.
- Actively engage in one or more workgroups, including those for resource mobilization, scientific research and implementation/policy.
- Liaise and advocate with key stakeholders on the work of the partnership.
Interested national programme directors kindly send a short bio to Ms. Courtenay Dusenbury, Secretariat Director, by Monday 11 February 2019. The Leadership Team will select a candidate for inclusion on the 2019 GPZL Leadership Slate, which will be voted upon by members.