1 February 2021 · Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy
Call for Nominations: Scientific Research Representative for GPZL Leadership Team
The Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy (GPZL) is seeking nominations for a representative of the scientific community to serve a two-year term, renewable once, on its Leadership Team. The term will begin on 1 April 2021. Leadership team members are asked to attend two meetings per year (held virtually until further notice). They also will receive weekly email updates and participate in monthly teleconferences.
Researchers in leprosy-endemic countries are encouraged to apply.
GPZL’s Leadership Team reflects the diversity of stakeholders engaged in leprosy prevention and control. Its responsibilities include:
- Establish strategic direction for the partnership.
- Provide oversight, support, and guidance to the secretariat to ensure it meets the objectives of the partnership’s strategic plan and work plan.
- In close coordination with WHO, help monitor and track progress towards zero leprosy.
- Establish and appoint workgroups and their terms of reference.
- Actively engage in one or more workgroups, including those for resource mobilization, scientific research, and implementation/policy.
- Liaise and advocate with key stakeholders on the work of the partnership.
Interested researchers should kindly send a short bio and resume to Secretariat Director, Bill Gallo, by Monday 1 March 2021. The Leadership Team will select a candidate for inclusion on the 2021 GPZL Leadership Slate, which will be voted upon by members.