Leprosy Research Initiative Call for Proposals: Budget Round 2022
2 December, 2020 | Leprosy Research Initiative
The Leprosy Research Initiative (LRI) is pleased to announce a call for proposals for funding commencing in 2022. LRI funds research with a focus on leprosy – including research applications combining leprosy with other neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) or other diseases that share cross-cutting issues with leprosy.
- The main topic of the study must fall within one of the agreed priority areas (www.leprosyresearch.org).
- Research results must be directly applicable to leprosy services or to the wellbeing of persons affected by leprosy.
- Preference will be given to proposals from or in close collaboration with institutions or organisations in endemic countries.
- Project duration must not exceed four years (48 months).
- By way of guidance a project budget normally must not exceed €50,000 per year (with a maximum of four years).
Researchers interested to apply for funding by the LRI are invited to complete and submit a Letter of Intent (LoI), giving an outline of the intended research. The LoIs should be submitted using the LRI Grant Application portal. The online portal will open on December 10th, 2020.
LoIs should be submitted by January 29th, 2021 at 23:59** (Amsterdam date and time) after which the application portal will be closed. We strongly advise you to take sufficient time to enter all the required data into the system. Only applications in English will be considered.
LoIs will be screened by the LRI Steering Committee (SC). Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the LoI on March 15th 2021. If the feedback by the SC is positive, the applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal before the next deadline (May 3rd, 2021**).
**please note the change in submission dates as compared to previous years